‘Mobile’ rail tickets available across Greater Anglia network
- Customers can now buy tickets whenever and wherever.
- Tickets can be bought up to ten minutes before departure, using a mobile phone app.
- Available for journeys between any two stations on the Greater Anglia network.
- Ticket gates at Liverpool Street are now fully enabled to read the M-Ticket by scanning the barcode on the mobile phone.
Paperless ticketing is a step closer for Greater Anglia rail passengers as the train operator has now completed its roll out of mobile tickets.
‘M-Tickets’, which can be purchased from the Greater Anglia app, are now available for journeys between any two stations on the Greater Anglia network for Advance Purchase, Peak, Off-Peak, Super Off-Peak and Anytime tickets.
Using the ‘M-Tickets’ is as easy as 1,2,3.
- Download the Greater Anglia app
- Buy a train ticket and download the ‘M-Ticket’ to your device
- Scan the ticket at mobile readers at opening gates or present during an on train inspection.
The innovative ticketing development means that customers can now buy their ticket whenever and wherever they are, up to ten minutes before departure, using an app on their mobile phone. Passengers will no longer have to queue at stations to purchase their ticket or have the worry of losing or damaging a paper ticket.
Greater Anglia introduced M-Tickets in 2015. Since then more routes have been added in a phased roll-out to ensure that new system was working well. This final step – extending the scheme across the whole network – marks the last phase.
In addition, the ticket gates serving Greater Anglia services at Liverpool Street are now fully enabled to read the m-ticket by scanning the barcode on the mobile phone.
Andy Camp, Greater Anglia’s Commercial Director, said: “Completing the roll out of mobile ticketing across our network is another investment which will help to make our customers lives a little easier as they can now use the app to buy tickets wherever they are and can simply scan their phones through the ticket gates. We are committed to offering our customers great value fares and make it as easy and convenient as possible for them to use our services.”